IIIT Basara Admissions Notification 2017-18. Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies - Basar Undergraduate Admissions - 2017-18 Notification released for 10th Class Students.Applications are invited for admission to the first year of 6-Year Integrated B.Tech program at RGUKT Basar (Telangana State) for the academic year 2017-18. IIIT Basara has released the Admission Notification for 2017-18 Academic Year. The Details in brief are as follows: Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies (RGUKT - Telangana State) (Established by RGUKT Act 18 of 2008 (Telangana Adaptation) Order, 2014) Basar, Nirmal District, Telangana State – 504107 6-YEAR INTEGRATED B.Tech PROGRAM NOTIFICATION FOR ADMISSIONS– 2017 No. 3/RGUKT (TS) / B Tech /Admissions/2017 Dt: 26-04-2017/
1. Important Dates:
IIIT Basara Admissions Notification 2017-18
Eligiblity for Admissions:
- a) Regular students who passed SSC or its equivalent examination (10th class) held in 2017, in the first attempt.
- b) Age not more than 18 years as on 31.12.2017 (21 years in case of SC/ST candidates).
Applications shall be submitted online through TS Online services only.
Online application commences : 28-04-2017
Last date for receipt of Online applications: 24-05-2017
Last date for receipt of applications printout: 29-05-2017
- 1. Admissions will be based on merit in the 10th class Grade Point Average (GPA) and Grade obtained in each subject, and by following the statutory reservations of the State.
- 2. A deprivation score of 0.4, as prescribed by the Government will be added to the 10th class GPA of the applicants from non-residential Government Schools including Zillaparishad and Municipal Schools.
- 3. Admissions to 85% of the total available seats will be reserved for ‘Local Candidates’ (Telangana State); and the remaining 15% of the seats are ‘unreserved’ and filled by the students of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh States.
- 4. Students belonging to States other than Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, Children of Indians working in Gulf Countries / International and NRI students are eligible for admission in supernumerary seats.
- a) Last date for receiving online application by RGUKT : 24-05-2017
- b) Last date for submitting the printout of the on-line application : 29-05-2017
- c) Display of Selection List for Counseling : 05-06-2017
- d) Counseling dates for Phase-I at RGUKT Basar: 19-06-2017 & 20-06-2017
- e) Counseling dates for Special Categories(PH/CAP/NCC/Sports) : At RGUKT Basar: 22-06-2017 & 24-06-2017
- f) Counseling date for Phase-II at RGUKT Basar: 29-06-2017
- g) Commencement of classes for 2017 batch (Orientation) : 30-06-2017
2. How To Apply:
- a) The candidates should apply through TSOnline services only.
- b) Application Fee: Rs. 200.00 (for OC and BC candidates) Rs. 150.00 (for SC and ST candidates)
- c) The application fee should be paid in cash at TS Online service center, for which the center will issue a receipt.
- d) An additional amount of Rs. 25.00 per application should be paid as service charges to the TSOnline Centre
- e) If any candidate applies more than once, then the latest application will be considered for the selection process.
- f) Immediately after submitting the application through online, the applicant should send its print-out duly signed along with copy of the receipt mentioned in 2(c) above and the relevant certificates to The Director, Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Basar, Nirmal District, Telangana State-504107, by Speed Post / Registered Post. The candidates should write on top of the cover ‘Application for Admissions 2017 – RGUKT - Basar’.
3. List of Certificates to be enclosed:
- Certified copies of the following certificates / documents should be sent along with the print –out of the online application form submitted through TSOnline Services:
- a) The receipt issued by the TSOnline services (see 2(c) above).
- b) Hall Ticket of 10th Class or its equivalent.
- c) Study Certificates from Fourth class to Tenth class/ Residence certificate by those claiming Local category (in any of Osmania University areas (Telangana State), (for details, see Annexure - III).
- d) Residence certificate / service certificate of parents by those claiming un reserved category of seats (for details, see Annexure - IV).
- e) Certificate showing the GPA of 10th class Public Examination, like SSC/CBSE/ICSE/NIOS.
- f) Proof of caste / community certificate (SC/ST/BC) in the prescribed proforma by those claiming reservation under any of these categories (for details see Annexure - V).
- g) Physically Handicapped (PH) certificate in the prescribed proforma by those claiming reservation under this category (for details see Annexure - VI).
- h) Children of Armed Forces (CAP) certificate in the prescribed proforma by those claiming reservation under this category (for details see Annexure - VII).
- i) NCC certificate by those claiming reservation under this category (for details see Annexure - VIII).
- j) Sports certificate(s) at the level of inter-district and above by those claiming reservation under this category (for details see Annexure - VIII).
4. Admission Procedure:
- a) Admissions to the first year of Integrated B Tech Program (2017-18) will be based on merit in the Grade Point Average (GPA) and Grade obtained in each subject, and by following the statutory reservations of the State. A deprivation score of 0.4 prescribed by the Government for the year 2017-18 under Statute 13 (3) shall be added to the 10th class GPA of those applicants who studied in non-residential Government Schools including the Zilla Parishad and Municipal Schools, with an objective of providing weight age to the socio economically challenged students in the admission process.
- b) At RGUKT, Basar, admissions to 85% of the total available seats shall be reserved for the Local Candidates (Osmania University area, Telangana State) and the remaining 15% of the seats shall be un-reserved (these seats will be filled with both States Telangana and Andhra Pradesh students based on merit) as specified in the Presidential Order 371 Article D in consonance to Section 95 of the A.P. Reorganization Act, 2014.
5. Eligibility for Admission:
- a) Candidates should have passed SSC (10th class) or any other equivalent examination recognized by the Governments of Telangana State & AP State and conducted in 2017 in first attempt.
- b) Candidates should not have completed 18 years of age as on 31.12.2017, (21 years in case of students belonging to SC and ST categories).
- c) International students shall be of Indian Nationality / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders.