RRC Guwahati Group-D 1230 Posts Recruitment for 1230. Recruitment in GROUP - ‘D’ Posts in North East Frontier Railway. The North East Frontier Railway, Railway Recruitment Cell (RRB) Guwahati has issued notification for recruitment of the 1230 Group D Posts. Eligible candidates can send their applications on or before 21-10-2013.
Details of RRC Guwahati Group-D Posts Recruitment 2013
Number of Posts to be recruited: 1230
Name of the post: Group D in Pay Band-1 of Rs 5200 - 20200 with Grade Pay Rs 1800.
Age Limit. The age limit will be 18 to 33 years and will be reckoned as on 01/01/2014. The upper age limit will be relaxed as under subject to the production of requisite certificates. For OBC upto 36 years, SC/ST upto 38 years. More Details in the Notification.
Educational Qualification: Minimum 10th class pass or ITI or equivalent. Academic qualification must be from recognized educational institution/Board, otherwise candidature will be rejected even after appointment to Railway Service.
- The examination fee for UR and OBC candidates is Rs.100 (Rupees One hundred only).
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST, Physically Handicapped, women, minorities, ex- serviceman and economically backward classes are exempted from payment of examination fees.
- The examination fees shall be paid in the form of Indian Postal Order from any Post office drawn in favour of FA&CAO, N.F. Railway and payable at GPO, Guwahati
The selection procedure will consist of written examinations. Written examinations will be held on common dates for all the railways. On the basis of marks obtained in the written exams, candidates will be shortlisted for Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
Candidates will be further shortlisted in order of merit and called for verification of original certificates and identity. After the verification of all relevant originals of passed candidates, the candidates shall be subjected to Medical Examination.
- (i) The question paper for the written examination shall be based on class 10th standard consisting of 100 multiple choice (four) objective type questions aimed to assess the General Knowledge/ Awareness, Mathematics, General Science, Reasoning, etc.
- (ii) The duration of the written examination shall be 90 (ninety) minutes.
- (iii) The question paper shall be printed in Hindi and English and also in regional languages.
- (iv) Negative Marking - There will be negative marking for wrong answers. One third marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer, i.e. one mark shall be deducted for every 3 wrong answers.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET) for all categories. : Passing the PET is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature.
Eligible candidates can send their applications in the prescribed format in either English or Hindi along with self attested xerox copies of certificate of educational qualification with marksheet, 10th pass Board certificate as proof of age, community certificate for SC/ST applicants, Indian Postal Order and a passport size coloured photograph etc enclosed in an envelope super scribed with “Applications for Gr D posts, Northeast Frontier Railway” by ordinary post to Chairman, Railway Recruitment Cell, N.F Railway, Station Colony, Pan Bazar, Guwahati, Assam (PIN 781001) or dropped in the Application Drop room at Railway Recruitment Cell, N.F Railway, Station Colony, Pan Bazar ,Guwahati, Assam up to 17.30 hrs of 21-10-2013.
Last Date for Submission of Applications: 21-10-2013 up to 17:30 hrs